Who Can Have Private Lessons?
We accept any students to participate in private Singing Tuition. All ages and experience levels are welcome!
Why Get a Private Lesson?
Private lessons will allow your teacher to cater for your individual requirements.
What is covered?
Every student will cover the structured areas of singing training such as:
- Voice Technique
- Styles of Music
- Song Interpretation
- Muscle Support
- Microphone Technique
- Breath Support
- Acting, theatre and performance planning
Each teacher will also work on the vocalists "confidence" through fun development in class.
The correct technique is the Key to understanding how the voice works. It also allows the Vocalist to produce and strengthen the voice quality and work on elements that require more attention. Selected vocal exercises are used to cater for the vocalists needs, allowing each individual to grow and learn at their own pace.
Am I too young? Am I too old
In short, no. Southern Lights Vocal Academy caters for all levels of singers, advance and beginners of all ages!
Private lesson outcomes
- Breath Support
- Placement of sound
- Control of the voice stance and relaxation
- Dynamics and expressive techniques
- Broadening of the voices range
- Vowels sounds and diction
- Muscle support
- Exercises to warm-up the voice
- Overall advancement to get your voice where it needs to be!
In addition, you will also learn:
- How to interpret and understand a song in a particular way so that you can perform it effectively to an audience
- Song Writing- Structure and recording
- Microphone technique, phrasing, harmonising
Most importantly you will have fun while you learn!
How much does it cost?
- Private Lesson with a Principal Teacher- $40 per 30 minutes
- Private with Senior Teacher- $37 per 30 minutes
- Associate Teacher: $35 per 30 minutes